This document was last updated on February 10th, 2020
This Policy applies to information we collect from you on this Site, in email and other electronic messages between you and this Site, as well as information collected when you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services. It does not apply to information collected by us offline or through any other means; or information collected by any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Site.
Types of Information We Collect from You
We collect several types of information from you, including information by which you may be personally identified, such as name, company name, mailing address, e-mail address, telephone number or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (collectively the “Personal Identification Information”); as well as information that is about you, but does not identify you, such as your internet connection, IP address, equipment used to access our Site and Site usage details.
You may visit our Site anonymously. We will collect Personal Identification Information from you only if you voluntarily submit such information to us. You can always refuse to supply Personal Identification Information, except that it may prevent you from engaging in certain Site related activities.
How We Collect Your Information and Data
We may collect information from you in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to the following:
- Information you Provide Directly to Us. Information you voluntarily provide directly to us, such as when we ask you to fill out a form, providing, as appropriate, your name, company name, email address, mailing address, phone number or other contact information, records and copies of your correspondence to us, if you contact us, your responses to surveys, details of transactions you carry out through our Site, your search queries on our Site or your comments and other postings you may provide on our Site. An example of when information is requested and provided by you is when you use our “Contact Us” Site feature.
You may also provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter “posted”) on public areas of the Site or our affiliated websites linked from our Site, or transmitted to other users of such websites or third parties (collectively “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although you may set certain privacy settings for such information on the applicable websites, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Site or other websites with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
- Information Collected Automatically Through Third Party Providers. We use third party services and companies such as Hotjar and Google Analytics in order to better understand your needs, optimize our Site and your experience on our Site and to participate in interest-based advertising. These providers help us better understand your experience on the Site. This enables us to build and maintain our Site and services with your feedback. These services also use“cookies” and other technologies to automatically collect data on your behavior and devices, including a device’s IP address (processed during your session and stored in a de-identified form), device screen size, device type (unique device identifiers), browser information, geographic location (country only), referring domain, what pages you accessed on the Site (when and for how long), what links you click, mouse movements and scrolling behavior, and the preferred language used to display our Site. These services receive such information regarding your usage of the Site. Hotjar stores this information on our behalf in a pseudonymized user profile. Hotjar is contractually forbidden to sell any data collected on our behalf. You may find more information about Hotjar’s collection practices at https://www.hotjar.com/privacy, and information about opting out of Hotjar at https://www.hotjar.com/out-out and Google Analytics at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- Online Tracking. When you visit our Site, third-party advertising companies and analytics providers may automatically collect information about your digital activity across platforms. This information may permit such third-party advertising companies and analytics providers to serve you with tailored advertisements to your device(s) when you interact with other websites or other apps or networks.
How we use Collected Information
We may collect, store and use your information for the following purposes:
- To run and operate our Site.We may need your information to display content on the Site correctly.
- To improve customer service.Information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
- To personalize user experience.We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Site.
- To improve our site.We may use feedback you provide us to improve our products and services.
- To communicate information about our products, services, events or to run a promotion, contest, survey or Site features.To send you information you agree to receive about topics we think will be of interest to you, including, but not limited to products or services we provide.
- To send periodic emails.We may use the email address you provide us to respond to your inquiries, questions, and/or other requests.
- Other purposes.
For any other purposes we may describe when you provide the information; or other purposes with your consent.
How we Protect Your information
We adopt and implement appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your information, username, password, transaction information and data stored and/or collected from our Site. The safety and security of your information also depends on you.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to the Site. Any transmission of information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site
Sharing Your Personal Information
Unless otherwise specifically provided for within this Policy, we do not sell or trade your personal identification information to others. We may, however, share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners and trusted affiliates for the purposes outlined above.
We may also use third party service providers to help us operate our business and the Site or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters or surveys. We may share your information with these third parties for those limited purposes provided that you have given us your permission.
We may also disclose information that you provide or we collect to a buyer or other successor in the event of merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about you is among the assets transferred. We may also disclose your personal information to comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
Children Under the Age of 18
Our Site is not intended for children under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 may provide any personal information to or on the Site. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. We ask anyone under 18, to not use or provide any information on this Site or through any of its features, register on the Site, make any purchases through the Site, or provide any information to us, including name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us.
If you decide to opt-in to our mailing list, you will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email or you may contact us via our Site.
California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your personal information. To learn more about your California privacy rights, visit https://www.parkindustries.com/privacy-notice-california/.
Your Acceptance of These Terms
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this Policy. If you do not agree to this Policy, please do not use our Site.
We have the discretion to update this Policy at any time. When we do, we will post a notification on the main page of our Site. We encourage you to frequently check this page for any changes to stay informed about how we are helping to protect the personal information we collect. You acknowledge and agree that it is your responsibility to review this Policy periodically and become aware of modifications. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this Policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.